Disk Cleanup searches your computer for all unwanted compressed files, temp files, Recycled files etc and deletes them. It is good practice to run this clean up tool on a regular basis to keep your system from being bogged down with unnecessary files.
To Complete Disk Cleanup
- Left click Start.
- All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - and left click on Disk Cleanup.
- This will bring up a small window headed Select Drive. Using the drop down arrow if needed, select C Drive.
- Left Click Ok.
- Wait for the next window to load up and tick all the boxes listed. Left click Ok.
- In the next confirmation small window left click on Yes.
- Disk Cleanup will delete all unnecessary files from your system and close on completion
- Thats it, all done :)
Depending on the speed of your computer Step 5 and 7 can take some time. Be patient and dont cancel it.