Daily Household Helpers
Battle of the Bugs:
Battle of the Bugs:
Parenting Tip of the Day
Daily Cleaning Tips and Tools
Daily Household Routine Suggestions
With a few easy to implement household cleaning tips, you can keep you home clean and guest-ready at a moments notice. Try these cleaning tips to make your daily housekeeping tasks more manageable.
- Make the beds. This first household cleaning tip will help you get your day off to a great start. Make your bed when you first wake up and ask other household members to do the same. Fluff your pillows and straighten the sheets for a crisp, clean look.
- Address the critical tasks in the bathroom. A clean bathroom is essential to having a clean house. Be sure to clean the mirror(s), wipe the bathroom counter top, sink(s) and faucet(s). Next, clean the tub basin and spray the tub and shower area including the curtain liner with daily after shower spray to prevent soap scum and mildew. Last, wipe the toilet seat and rim then use a brush to clean the toilet bowl.
- Pick up as you go. Implementing this household cleaning tip alone will help your house feel less cluttered. Throughout the day (or evening) as you go from room to room, remove items from the floor such as toys, books, newspaper, etc. and put them in their appropriate place. Encourage all household members to get in the habit of doing this as they leave a room.
- Straighten up the living areas. Fluff the pillows and cushions on the sofa; fold and put away blankets and throws. Clear clutter off of the tables and organize magazines and papers. Spray and wipe the table with glass cleaner or dust it off. Sweep or vacuum as needed but at least once a week.
- Address the critical tasks in the kitchen. Load all dirty dishes into the dish washer and start a new cycle or hand wash the dishes and put them in the dish rack. Get in the habit of rinsing each dish immediately after use then place the item into the dishwasher or sink. Wipe down the sink, faucet, counter tops and stove top then lay out a clean dish cloth for the next day.
- Take out the trash. To execute this household cleaning tip efficiently, use plastic shopping bags to line small trash cans (such as the ones in the bathroom). When the bags are full, dump them into a larger can (such as the one in the kitchen). Take out the trash and clean the garbage can if odors linger.