Clearing Out Your Cached Folders
Below are instructions to assist you on how to clean out your cache folders including History, Cookies and Passwords. If you are using more than one browser then clean each one out. Our advise is to do this once a week prior to running your AVG, Spybot and Malwarebytes scans. This way the length of time those scans will take will be shortened considerably.
Mozilla Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the toolbar click on Tools and in the drop down menu left click Clear Private Data.
- To check whether cookies and passwords have also been cleared left click on Tools again and select Options.
- Select the Privacy Tab and under Always clear my private data when I close Firefox, left click on Settings button.
- Tick all the boxes in the next window for a complete clean out. Left click on Ok and you are done.
Mozilla Firefox 3.5
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the toolbar click on Tools.
- Left click on Clear Recent History at the bottom of the drop down menu. This will bring up a small window.
- Under Time range to clear, select Everything.
- Bottom left, select Details. Make sure all the boxes are ticked.
- Left click Clear Now. All cached information stored in Mozilla Firefox will be cleared out.
- If you wish to also clean out your passwords, Left click on Tools up on the Toolbar and select Options.
- Looking across the top left click on Security. Near the bottom right left click on Saved Passwords.
- A new window will open listing all your saved passwords at the different sites you frequent. Check through this list and remove any you are not sure of. You may delete them all for a complete clean out. If you do this, when you next visit those sites you will be asked for your user name and password. You will also be asked as to whether you wish to save the information or not. If you do save it at least now you know where to go to once again remove that personal information.
- Open Mozilla.
- On the Toolbar click on Edit and select Preferences at the bottom of the drop down menu.
- This will open a small window. Towards the bottom of the left menu double click on Privacy & Security.
- Under that click on Cookies. On the right at the bottom left click on Cookie Manager. This will bring up another small window.
- In this window at the bottom left click on Remove All Cookies. Left click on Close to complete clearing out your cookies.
- Looking down under Cookies, again on the left menu, you will see Passwords. Left click on Passwords.
- On the right left click on Manage Stored Passwords. As with Mozilla Firefox, delete any saved passwords that you prefer not to be held on your computer.
- When complete left click Close at the bottom.
- Moving down further on the left menu, double click on Advanced, scrolling down if you need to.
- Under Advanced, left click on Cache.
- At the top on right, under Set Cache Options, left click on Clear Cache. This will clear out your Mozilla cached folder.
- When complete left click Ok at the bottom to close the window.
- Left click on Tools on the Toolbar.
- Select Delete Private Data from the drop down menu.
- Left click on Detailed Options.
- If you wish to check the list of passwords or cookies before deleting or to check they have been deleted you may do so as below:
- Left click Manage Cookies to view a list of cookies held on your computer. This will open a new window and you may delete your cookies from here if you wish.
- When done left click Close.
- Left Click Manage Passwords to view a list of passwords held on your computer. Again this will open another window. You may delete these from here if wish.
- Left click Close when finished.
- On the main list tick all the boxes and left click Delete. This will clear all remaining cache data and the window will close automatically on completion.
The first time you do this, you will probably be mortified with the information you find when you clean out your private data. So take care out there with information you provide the different sites you frequent.
Google Chrome 3
- Left click the spanner on the Toolbar on the very right. Select Clear Browsing Data from the drop down menu.
- In the popup window tick all the boxes on the left. Chose whether to clear just today, last weeks, last months or everything.
- Left click Clear Browsing Data. Chrome will clear all data and close the window.
- If you would like more control over your Pertsonal Data, left click on the spanner again and select Options from the drop down menu.
- Select the Personal Stuff tab and alter what you wish.
- Left Click on Edit on the Toolbar.
- Select Preferences at the bottom of the menu.
- Double click on Privacy & Security.
- In the right window pane, check all the boxes and left click Clear Now.
- In the next window, check any box not selected and click Clear Private Data now.
- Left click on Ok when finished.
- Left click on Edit on the Toolbar and select Empty Cache.
- A new window will open and here select Empty. This will close on completion.
- To clear your history left click on History on the toolbar and select Clear History.
- A new window will open, select Clear. The window will also close on completion.
- To Clean out your Cookies left click Edit and select Preferences. In the new window select the Security tab.
- Near the bottom select Show Cookies and in the next window select Remove All. Select Done on completion.
- To clean out passwords, select the Autofill tab. There is 3 options for you to check, User names and passwords are unticked by default. You may wish to unticked the whole 3 and hence no information is saved or tick the three boxes to save some typing at sites you visit frequently.
- You may edit any of these by selecting Edit and viewing the contents of each. You may also clear these all out by selecting Remove All followed by Done.
- While you are in Preferences have a look around the other tabs, you may wish to alter some of the settings.
- To clean out the Cached Folder in Flock, select Tools and on the drop down menu select Options.
- Select the Privacy tab and under Private Data towards the bottom, left click on Clear Now.
- Tick the Cache checkbox and any others you wish to clear.
- Left click Clear Private Data now.
- To clear your browsing history, select the History Tab.
- To immediately clear the list of web pages you've visited, click Clear Browsing History Now.
- To clear private information select the Saved Forms tab.
- To clear immediately left click on Clear Saved Forms Data Now.
- Left Click Ok to exit.
Instructions for clearing out Internet Explorer versions 5, 5.5, 6, 7 and 8 can be found in full on the Internet Explorer page
- Open Konqueror and left click Settings on the toolbar.
- Select Configure Konqueror from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down and select Cache.
- In the next windows left click Clear cache.